Chocolate Tiffin Recipe, part of the welcome pack when you stay at the cottages.
I often get asked for this very yummy and very easy chocolate biscuit recipe. Great one to make with children as it doesn’t need to be cooked in the oven.
Recipe for chocolate Tiffin.
- 200g lightly salted butter
- 4 x 15 ml (4 tbsp) of golden syrup
- 4 x 15 ml (4 tbsp) spoons of drinking chocolate
- 500g packet of digestive biscuits (Mcvities are the best)
- 350g milk chocolate (Cadbury’s Dairy Milk my favourite)
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add golden syrup and drinking chocolate.
- When combined, finely crush the digestive biscuits and add to melted mixture in the saucepan.
- Place into a 23 cm x 30 cm baking tin, and using a fork press firmly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate and spread over.
- Chill for at least one hour
- Remove from fridge to soften chocolate ( approx. 1/2 hour) and cut into 30 pieces
- Chill until required.
- Will keep in fridge for 1 week.